Obviously yoga has become a huge part of my life. I’ve been practicing off and on for over 8 years, and even in my moments away, I knew it was something special. It’s crazy to think we are several weeks into yoga teacher training. We have covered a lot of ground, we are getting more and more comfortable teaching each other, and I even filmed a couple short flows (including with me teaching) for my job last week(!!).
I always find it so interesting how yoga impacts people and why they practice. While many of our reasons may overlap and be similar, I also think they vary quite greatly. Today I want to share 10 reasons why I practice yoga and while there are likely so many more not listed, and while each point goes deeper than surface level, I think you’ll find it interesting to compare with your own reasons for practicing. (And if you don’t practice, maybe you’ll find the inspiration to roll out your mat and head to your local studio to give it a try.)
10 reasons why I practice yoga:
- It helps me find stillness, physically and mentally
- I get to exercise, move my body, and sweat
- It stretches my tight muscles
- I’m on my mat, not thinking about anything else
- It helps quiet my anxiety
- I learn new things, about myself, my body, and others
- I get to share it with others
- I meet new people & find community
- It’s a practice of patience
- I don’t have to think about it, I just get to do it
[ctt title=”Haven\’t tried yoga yet? Here are a few reasons to start practicing! ” tweet=”Haven’t tried yoga yet? Here are a few reasons to start practicing! via @iamkatiearnold https://wp.me/p2vQc1-33h ” coverup=”td1jv”]
Do you practice yoga? How do your reasons for practicing compare to my own?