A 14 hour day on Monday means we’re keeping it light today with a fun survey that was floating around the blog-o-sphere a few weeks ago that I saved for the day when I needed something relatively quick and fun. So here we go!
1. What did you eat for breakfast? A whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter, banana and sprinkled with cinnamon and chia seeds is my go-to breakfast. It’s easy, quick and delicious!
2. How much water do you drink a day? I don’t really track my water intake but I always make sure to have a glass sitting next to me or easily accessible at work. I would guess I usually get the recommended amount for my size and activity level.
3. What is your current favorite workout? Running! I also love yoga and strength training but since I’m training for my 1/2 marathon, running has been a huge part of my workouts and I’m LOVING it!
4. How many calories do you eat a day? I don’t often track these either but when I was keeping track as part of the FitMixer Bootcamp, I was eating 1500-1600 / day on average (as suggested by a Registered Dietician for ME!). I would imagine I eat a pretty similar amount now as my eating habits are pretty much the same as they were over the summer.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks? Lucky you, I did a whole post on this recently… 😉
6. What do you usually eat for lunch? I’m such a creature of habit – Chobani Greek yogurt with fruit and cereal or granola. The flavors change each day but the idea is always the same and it never gets old. I look forward to my yogurt bowls as soon as I finish breakfast.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train? My shoulders!! I also really like working my back but lately my shoulders have been a favorite!
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train? Probably my biceps…this is particularly funny to me because it used to be the only thing I’d train before I knew anything about strength training, strictly because bicep curls were all I really knew how to do.
9. What are your “bad” food cravings? While I’m a believer in all things in moderation, sweets – particularly chocolate and ice cream or frozen yogurt call my name! It’s probably a good thing I don’t live near Yogurtland and I’ve convinced myself the local froyo shops wouldn’t hold a flame to my beloved YL. 😉
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements? Yes…daily I take Vitamin D, Fish Oil, a probiotic and biotin. I’ve recently started taking Magnesium and B Vitamins from time to time. I also recently stopped taking my multivitamin and iron because I think I was getting too much iron, especially since I’m not really losing iron like I used to…
11. How often do you eat out? Rarely, very rarely and while it can be fun from time to time, I so often find myself wanting to eat something at home rather than going out. Maybe it’s because it can be hard to find foods I can eat or because it costs more money and I’m cheap. I don’t know what it is but regardless, I hardly ever eat out.
12. Do you eat fast food? Not if I can help it. And when I have to, I try to be mindful of what I’m choosing based on my options. A veggie sub on wheat at Subway will be picked any day over McDonalds for me. Tastes better to me too.
13. Who is your biggest supporter? That’s hard to answer – friends, family, my new bosses…
14. Do you have a gym membership? Yes and I don’t think I ever want to go back to the days of not having one! I absolutely love it! 🙂
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? Not enough. Actually that’s not true. I’m a grandma who can fall asleep by 9pm…when I wake up at 3:30am to open a coffee shop though, I think that’s allowed.
16. Do you have a “cheat” day? No, I prefer to live an all-things-in-moderation lifestyle and for me that means a cheat day isn’t necessary.
17. Do you drink alcohol? Sometimes. I do enjoy a drink from time to time with dinner or friends but generally I don’t drink very often. It usually messes with my tummy so I make sure I only drink it from time to time.
18. Do you have a workout buddy? Not anymore. When I was living in LA, especially in my first year to year and a half, I’d work out with my friend Justine when we could make it work with our schedules. Our gym dates catching up were some of my favorite moments. I definitely missed those when they didn’t happen anymore.
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a Healthy Lifestyle? My energy. My mentality. My body’s ability to handle stress and “bounce” back. Reduced tummy troubles and headaches. Should I keep going?
20. What was the last healthy thing you did? Well that’s a loaded question…it could be my 4+ mile run, the water I’ve been drinking throughout writing this post, the dates with peanut butter I ate as a healthy and sweet snack, the salad I ate for dinner, choosing to pass on a second piece of bread when I realized I really wasn’t hungry for it…
Pick a few questions and answer them in the comments!