I’ve seen this Christmas Survey posted on a few blogs over the last couple of weeks and knew I wanted to do it too but also wanted to wait until we got a bit closer to Christmas to partake. And thankfully I filled this out a couple weeks ago so it’d be more or less ready to go because right now I’m feeling like a big ol’ Scrooge. Let’s hope that feeling passes soon. :-/
I’ll save the chit chat for another day and just get down to business…
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
While I do like egg nog, nothing beats hot chocolate with marshmallows!
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or put them under the tree?
Both! Santa used to take the stockings off the wall and fill them with wrapped presents and candy.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
We have always had colored lights on our house and tree but I do like the look of both!
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but if I had my own place, I’d consider it.
5. When do you hang up your decorations?
Usually the weekend after Christmas we at least start. But it is an ongoing process. 😉
6. What is your favorite Christmas dish (excluding dessert)?
My mom makes these Spicy Flowerettes Christmas morning. It’s nothing more than a biscuit cut, dipped in melted butter and cinnamon sugar, then topped with a sliced maraschino cherry. There’s nothing healthy about it but they’re delicious and I like it!
There was a house a town or two over (I think) that used to light their whole house with crazy lights and the couple would dress up as Santa and Mrs. Claus. We would drive past the house every Christmas Eve after our family gathering. Definitely a favorite memory.
8. What is on your Christmas wish list?
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?
We have a gathering every Christmas Eve with my mom’s extended family so there’s usually a few gifts opened. We also often opened a gift Christmas Eve each year as a little kid.
10. How do you decorate your tree?
With colored lights, beads, stars, and ornaments from many, many years.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
12. Real tree or fake tree?
We’ve always had fake trees. I’d love a real tree someday but I don’t mind fake trees either.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I’m not sure a favorite over my life time, but each year I honestly appreciate any gift that I’m lucky enough to receive. That may sound cheesy but it’s honestly how I feel!
14. What is the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Spending it with my family. Honestly after spending a few Christmases by myself over the last few years, you really can’t help but be reminded how nice it is to be around family during the holidays.
15. What is your favorite Christmas dessert?
Christmas cookies! But please don’t make me pick one. Though some favorites are Chocolate Peppermint Pinwheels, Peanut Butter Blossoms and holiday M&M cookies.
We have a Christmas morning brunch every year and it’s definitely a favorite tradition for me. Even the years that I haven’t been home, I’ve made sure to make myself a really nice breakfast to enjoy.
17. What tops your tree?
I have a small star that tops my tree and my parents have an angel on the top of theirs.
18. Do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving! I love coming up with gifts that I think someone will enjoy and appreciate.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?
Mmm yes please! Though I’d rather crush them up and put them in some cookies or hot chocolate! 😉
21. Favorite Christmas movie?
White Christmas! It’s not Christmas until we watch this movie in our family!
22. What do you leave for Santa?
Now? well…nothing. But we used to leave milk + cookies & carrots for the reindeer.
23. Do you have a Christmas Morning Tradition?
Yep! Christmas morning brunch!
24. Do you prefer to shop online or at the mall?
Either but this year I did all of my shopping online and it was SO easy!
25. Christmas Letter or Card.
I love getting Christmas cards. I do enjoy letters though, especially those I haven’t seen in awhile.
Pick a few and answer them!