Tomorrow I will hop on a plane and head to Kansas City for the week for work. I’ve got a few posts ready for the week but things might get a bit quieter; make sure to follow me on social media if you want to stay up to date, especially on any cool artists worth checking out.
In gearing up for this trip, I thought I would share my top tips for staying active while traveling…
- Pack your stuff – Simple as that! If you don’t pack your workout clothes, how are you going to get in a workout?
- Plan ideas – Whether it’s workouts you can do in the hotel gym or hotel room, local gyms to try, or a route for your run, come up with a few ideas. It will make it that much easier. Remember it’s okay if your workouts aren’t as long or as intense, the goal is to just stay active and get a little movement in while you’re away.
- Pick a Hotel with a Gym – So many hotels have small gyms these days which make it that much easier to stay active. If you have a choice when picking your hotel, make sure you’re picking one that offers a fitness space, even if it’s just a treadmill – it’s something!
- Give Yourself Extra Time – Even if it’s just an extra 30 minutes to get in a short run. If you don’t give yourself the extra time, then it becomes just another excuse to not stay active.
- Stretch/Yoga – Sometimes the best movement you can get while traveling is some stretching or yoga. Whether stretching out after a long (or short) flight or as a way to wind down from a long day, it’s a great way to get in a little movement.
How do you stay active while traveling?