I can hardly believe how quickly this year is going by. How are we already talking about my goals for NOVEMBER?! Wasn’t it just June?
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not actually complaining about it. As I’ve mentioned numerous times, I absolutely love fall, I’m quite excited about the new apartment I’ll be moving into soon, and I have so many ideas and possibilities swirling around that I just can’t complain about any of it, even if time is just flyyyyyying!
Anyway, before we move on to my new goals for this brand new month, let’s take a look back at my October goals:
- Read 2 books – check! I’m working on a new bedtime routine and it includes reading!
- Write 1 handwritten letter – check!
- Finish a particular portion of the craft project – nope. I mentioned the quilt I’m making for my grandma and I wanted to finish all of the letters. In the moment, I think I forgot how long it takes to cross stitch. At the time of writing, I have made 23 of the 58 letters needed…maybe I’ll be done by Christmas?
- Get 2 sponsored posts – This did not happen. 🙁 While on some level, I’m sad to say I broke the streak, I did get hired for some potentially long-term freelance writing so I’m not too worried, but I do want to reach out to a few brands again for some ideas I have floating around.
- Go apple picking with my family – check! We had a blast!
- Plan content calendar through the end of 2016 – check!
- Attend 15 yoga classes – check! I always think “15 classes, that won’t be too hard to do” but it got down to the wire again.
- Write 500 words/day (this can be blog or other writing) – well this didn’t quite happen. Honestly, I kept forgetting about this goal. On the plus side, with the writing I did do on the days that I wrote, I still averaged over 500 words a day! This is what we call a batch-writing win!
- Work on secret projects – The other secret projects didn’t get much attention this month. I did a little reach out but not nearly as much as I would like. It’s more been a lot of brainstorming/thinking about them at various points which I do still find productive, because it helps me think through things, even when I don’t have a ton of time.
Now, as for November, here’s what I have my eyes on:
- Read 2 books
- Write 1 handwritten letter
- Go to yoga 10x (it’s less this month since I’ll be moving quite a bit further from my current studio and not sure how I’m going to make this work yet)
- Move apartments (obviously this is going to happen, but I like putting it on here because it’s a pretty lofty thing happening this month)
- Writer 3 freelance articles
- Complete my January content calendar
- Pitch at least 1 brand for a sponsored post idea
- Grow Instagram account (I had been seeing some great growth and it’s leveled off a bit, so time to focus on that some more.)
- Work on developing a new (and healthier) evening routine
- Complete all holiday shopping (lofty, eh?)
[ctt title=”New month, new goals…what are you working on?” tweet=”New month, new http://ctt.ec/CFrkb+ are you working on? via @iamkatiearnold #goals http://ctt.ec/Kcf6y+” coverup=”CFrkb”]
We’re approaching the busy season at work where I’ll likely be splitting time between my usual tasks and helping our warehouse pick orders. It’s nice because it opens up opportunity for overtime, but will add some additional struggle to the work-life-blogging balance. I should have a couple weeks before things pick up, so I’m going to use those as much as I can to get ahead, get this apartment packed up and the new one unpacked, and blog posts written and scheduled ahead of time where possible.
What are some of your goals for November?
Anything fun or exciting that you’re looking forward to this month?