I have to admit that October was a month full of more ups and downs than I could have ever anticipated. It has reminded me that even when pain is so massive that it feels like it could kill you, you have the power to wake up the next morning and carry on. Honestly, most days I’m not really sure how. Breakups are hard and while I never went into much depth of my relationship on the blog, I also don’t want to go into much detail on the breakup either except address that it happened. I can’t say with confidence that I am okay, but I am alive, and my community (near and far) has rallied in ways that I can’t help but be so grateful for.
With that out of the way, I want to get back to talking about goals. It’s a new month which for me means new goals, intentions, and hopes. Maybe now more than ever, this is a time for me to focus in on myself, what I want to achieve, who I want to be, where I want to go, and what I want my life to look like in it’s new reality. But before I get to this new month, let’s take a look back on my goals for October and see how I did.
October 2018 Goals
Read 3 booksYes! It was almost 4 but I didn’t quite get that final book finished. Pass NASM CPT examYes! I’m not sure exactly what I’m going to do with this yet but it’s nice to have it as a backup.
- Commit to my nutrition and eating better again Ish? Truthfully, I think it depended more on the day and this past week, eating, in general, was a lot harder as my appetite was non-existent but I have been getting some greens in me still so that feels like a win.
- Stick to my monthly budget Nope. This was not my best month with that. With that said, I did get a new winter coat and a couple fall/winter staples that needed to be replaced. Hoping I can get a few more items on my Poshmark to cover those costs. Anyone else using Poshmark?
Blog 1-2 times per weekYes! My weekly workout posts really helped make this happen and then the second post for the week a couple other times. Begin to outline my bookYes. It’s not fully outlined, but I did spend some time outlining and about to do some more.
- Grow my Instagram by 5% Not even close. In fact, my numbers went down. I’m finding growth on IG to be harder than ever lately. Not that I want numbers for number’s sake but it sure is discouraging.
- Begin recording yoga videos Nope, but I’ve started to brainstorm how to set up a studio space for this in my apartment to make recording a bit more accessible and private. The biggest concern is yoga on carpets so I want to find a temporary flooring I can put over the carpet that looks nice and would work for videos. Total long shot but does anyone have any suggestions?
With that out of the way, it’s time to move on from October and bring on this month of gratitude, reflection, growth, and love.
November 2018 Goals
- Write my book
- Find my purpose & passion
- Practice a month of self-care
- Renew my personal yoga practice
- Read 3 books
- Stick to my budget and pay down debt
- Begin recording yoga videos
I’m going to talk more about my month of self-care next week, but I will say that so far I’m just a few days in and really doing my best to stick to it every single day. I can’t say it’s always easy, but I’m committing.
What are your goals for the new month? Anything that you’re working on and need support?