I have to admit, I have been CRAVING pizza a lot lately so when I was sent back to Michigan after visiting my parents with a couple of eggplants, I knew exactly what I would be making: pizza.
This was my first time making eggplant pizza and I was definitely not disappointed. It came together so easily and man, was it delicious! When it comes to eating within my food restrictions, sometimes I miss the “regular” versions of things, but that was definitely not the case with these pizzas.
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Whatever toppings you want 😉
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Slice eggplant into ½ inch slices, sprinkle with salt and set on paper towel for 20-30 minutes.
- After sitting, wipe off salt and place eggplant on parchment paper lined cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and paper. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with whatever toppings you’d like. (I used sautéed onions and peppers, red sauce, nutritional yeast and hemp hearts).
- Return to oven for another 5-10 minutes.
Note: When my pizzas came out of the oven, I topped with some fresh arugula and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Delicious!
[ctt title=”I want (eggplant) pizza!” tweet=”I want (eggplant) pizza! via @iamkatiearnold http://ctt.ec/bJIjw+” coverup=”bJIjw”]
What are your favorite pizza toppings?
Have you ever tried making eggplant pizza?