Can I just say that it feels really nice to be back? It was nice to take a little break, get everything situated and switched over without also worrying about putting out new blog content. But with only a few odds and ends to clean up, I’m ready to start integrating myself back into the blogging world again.
I mentioned the other day that I don’t quite know what my blogging schedule will be just yet but I’m going to figure that out as we go along here. To get myself started though and since it’s the start of a new month, it seemed like the perfect time for a goals post.
A month or so ago I shared a story on Instagram where I was talking about feeling FROZEN, about having all of these things that I want to achieve but not knowing what to do or where to start and then basically just being frozen and unable to take any action. To remedy this, I broke up what my 3 main things were and decided to devote one month to each one. Once I did that, it was a lot easier to break those things down into smaller, more manageable tasks.
My big August task was transferring JT30 posts over to TLSM. We all know that got done! And since I finished early, I was able to start September’s big task early:
Studying for my NASM CPT exam
As you may or may not know, I took my personal training exam several years ago when I moved from Los Angeles back to my hometown in Illinois. I studied, took the exam, and then didn’t really do anything with it. Because of this, I didn’t go through the process of renewing…but then I lost my job in March and wished that I had something else to fall back on so I reached out to NASM and got the updated study materials so I can take the exam again.
Once I got my job though, the idea of studying fell to the back burner. I have until mid-October to take and pass my exam (or request an extension) and while I have a full-time job and maybe don’t need my CPT, I still want to go through the process of obtaining it again, having it as a backup plan should anything happen, but also because I do feel like this is something that could help some of the other things I’m doing, like teaching yoga.
Now onto my other goals for September:
- Read 2 books (While it’s nice to have a shorter commute, I’m totally behind on my reading goal for the year so it’s time to pick it back up again!)
- Complete a daily fitness goal (1 minute plank + 10 push-ups daily)
- Complete NASM studying (I don’t have to take the exam in September, but I want to get the initial reading and required studying done so I can then focus on studying for the exam and take that in October)
- Stick to my monthly budget (I’m going to try using more cash for some areas of my budget that are easy to overspend like food and misc items like cleaning and beauty supplies)
- Grow my Instagram account by 5% (I’d love to see more but trying to be realistic here – ha!)
What are you working on in September? Any big (or little) goals?