Sometimes I look back and can’t believe how far I’ve come…and I don’t just mean in my physical health and eating habits, but in my mental/emotional well-being. Sometimes you don’t realize how negative your outlook was until you look back and see how far you’ve come or notice the negativity that surrounds you everyday in others.
I’m very much one of those people that feeds off others energy, whether positive or negative, and it doesn’t take much for me to start sliding down someone else’s bad day, mood or energy. So I was excited when Chris from I Failed Fran invited me to participate in the 7 days of Positivity challenge where each day you make note of 3 things that made you happy. Such a simple way to reflect on your day and those happy moments.
1. Kicking some serious butt at the morning WOD (which included snatch!) getting 6+ rounds!
2. Trying a delicious and new to me bar, AMRAP Refuel, which I absolutely LOVED! Looking forward to having another clean, easy grab-and-go option.
3. Wine and tour mapping with Sam.
1. The great reaction and support from friends and family for 50 States!
2. A seriously sweaty, hard yet awesome WOD at CrossFit.
3. Catching up with Tina and her telling me she hasn’t heard me this pumped up and excited over something in a REALLY long time. It’s further proving I’m doing what’s right!
1. Sled pushes – no one said they’re easy but it’s a fun way to change up a WOD!
2. 50 States In A Year Facebook page hitting over 100 likes in less than 24 hours!
3 .Getting in a zone and getting things done!
1.Kick ass WOD! Honestly, always the greatest way to start my day!
2.Tea & chocolate with Sam!
3.A Delicious dinner cooked by my dad!
1. 55# cleans during “Elizabeth” – and despite starting out the WOD feeling like it was going to be too much, finished strong!
2. Learning that I can move onto a harder band for ring dips – all unbroken sets during the WOD.
3. An endless supply of coffee…seriously, they kept refilling my cup!
1. Coffee with an old high school friend.
2. An unexpected afternoon nap.
3. Dinner and drinks with a few girls from CrossFit, followed by meeting up with others from the box.
1. A quiet start to the morning.
2. Another unexpected afternoon nap.
3. A delicious homemade dinner that wasn’t nearly as difficult as I convince myself. (Again).
What’s made you happy lately?
P.S. 50 States made an appearance over at Diary of a Semi-Health Nut today! Thanks to Amanda for having us! 🙂
A little positivity calls for a little Thinking Out Loud, don’t ya think?