March was a roller coaster. While we usually reference this saying in regards to the weather, “in like a lion, out like a lamb,” it feels awfully accurate to my month. I can’t say I have all the answers to the twists and turns the start of the month threw my way, but I can say the feelings of optimism and hope remain strong.
I am also reminded that it is in these moments of trial and tribulation, that a practice of gratitude becomes even more important and beneficial. So here’s what I’m feeling particularly grateful for this month:
1. Graduating from my 200-hour yoga teacher training program. I’m so excited to see how I get to continue sharing yoga with others.
2. The support and encouragement I have received from friends and family after being laid off from my job and keeping a positive mindset through it.
3. Being approved for unemployment and having some additional income opportunities come up, including getting to sub a few yoga classes while the rest of the recent teaching training graduates complete their demo classes and final hiring decisions can be made.
4. Making myself delicious and healthy meals, even on a budget. And reminding myself that healthy foods are delicious and make my mind and body feel so much better than the crappy stuff does.
5. Applying for jobs, setting up interviews, and knowing this phase of unemployment won’t last long. Meanwhile, being able to pay my bills.
I hope you find something to be grateful for today, this week, and this month. From the big things to the little, there’s always something, even in the moments where it may not feel like it.
What are you grateful for today?