Comments Off on Bed/Couch-Ridden
…well at least for this evening.
I had a bit of a rough day.  I had hopes for a good day and while it wasn’t bad, it wasn’t particularly good either and was full of tears (I told you I was a crier!).
I had to be at work at 7 this morning for something and the plan was to spend 1/2 my day doing my normal job and the other 1/2 shadowing another department.  Well that didn’t happen.  It was one of those days when it felt like a lot needed to get done and I felt like I was playing catch-up though I never stopped working.  I took my legal breaks (though maybe slightly shortened…shhh don’t tell!).  I sent one of my coworkers home the moment she walked in the door because she wasn’t feeling well.  I was fine without her, it just meant a little more run around.  I spent my morning getting pulled to the floor to fix visuals related tasks since I was the only “visuals” person in the store at the time, pushing my real duties back.
One of those tasks included fixing one of our printers on the floor, which happened to fall and hit me in the nose.  I let out a bit of a yelp and scared a few people.  It hurt.  It lead to tears, but I think they were more tears of frustration than tears of pain.  I tried to take a break, only to get pulled into helping a co-worker while I had my wallet in hand and was beginning to eat my snack.  The only reason I hadn’t walked out of the store was to make sure my manager didn’t need a coffee or anything since he had yet to get a break.  I handed off my co-worker to someone else as soon as possible to get my much needed break.
My day continued with random stops and starts.  A few moments of just shutting the office door so I could have a minute to myself.  There was lots of Bon Iver playing through out the day (or “hippie music” to some people).
Throughout the day, my back kept needing to pop or feeling like it needed to pop.  Every little movement led to me feeling like I needed to twist and put something back in place.  Little did I know, this was only the beginning.  By the afternoon, I had pinching in my upper back and the feeling that things needed to be put back in place was constant, no matter what I did.  It progressed into a pinch in my lower back.  The pain was one of those instances where you feel like you could pass out.  This led to more tears.  My day was ending but it still felt like there was so much I could have / wanted / needed to do.  Everyone kept asking if I was okay, even once I stopped crying but pain was radiating through my entire spine so terribly my answer was simply “no” and I walked away.  I made sure my managers were ready to take on the remainder of the evening without me (or any member of my team) and hobbled my way out the door.  Walking was now difficult.  Sitting was (and still is difficult).
I will spend a bit of time with my legs up the wall (yoga pose) and the rest of the time I’ll be laying in bed or sitting on my couch.  I wanted to go to yoga tomorrow and get in a run, so I’m hoping this is just some weird fluke.  There’s also a headache lingering in my head so I think it’s time for some ibuprofen.