I promised you a recipe over the weekend. But more than any recipe, I promised you this recipe.
I got the inspiration for this recipe from a Cherry Pancake recipe I found online. My initial plan was to make cherry berry pancakes using the Cheribundi juice I have left from BLEND. Well as I thought more about it and started calculating calories, I got a whole new inspiration of where I wanted and could take this recipe.
And because I prefer 1 large pancake over many silver-dollar sized cakes, that’s exactly what I did. And at 163 calories, 35g carbs, 0g fat and 13g protein, this is something I can get behind.
- 1/4 cup vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 3 TBSP whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 7 drops lemon liquid stevia
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Mix Greek yogurt, egg white and stevia in a small bowl
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together until evenly mixed
- Stir in blueberries
- Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray and pour batter into pan. Spread evenly into 1 pancake. (Note: the batter will probably spread and that’s fine.) Cook until bubbles appear on the top side of the pancake, flip and cook until done.
- Top with more blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup (if you’d like)
**You can easily adjust this recipe to make a second pancake if 1 isn’t enough while staying within a desired calorie level**
Part of this complete breakfast.