As someone who didn’t understand Pinterest for a long time, I’m awfully obsessed with it as of late. So much so that I look at old furniture or random things and see fun DIY projects in my future. And after completing one I can assure you there will be more!
This dresser was u.g.l.y. and needed some serious TLC but every time I saw it sitting in my parent’s garage, I knew I wanted it and wanted to make it fabulous.
The first step was to clean and sand the whole thing down – front, back, sides, drawers, everything. I used both a power sander and a hand held sand brick. After wiping it down to remove any debris, I used a primer. Online research suggested allowing the primer to sit for 5-7 days to set.
After about 5 days I painted the whole thing. For my dresser I needed 2 coats of paint to get an even tone.
Once everything was dry, I added the new hardware and moved the dresser from the icky garage to inside the house.
Project done! Now onto the dresser’s ugly step-brother…