I can hardly believe how quickly this year is going by. How are we already talking about my goals for NOVEMBER?! Wasn’t it just June?
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not actually complaining about it. As I’ve mentioned numerous times, I absolutely love fall, I’m quite excited about the new apartment I’ll be moving into soon, and I have so many ideas and possibilities swirling around that I just can’t complain about any of it, even if time is just flyyyyyying!
Anyway, before we move on to my new goals for this brand new month, let’s take a look back at my October goals:
- Read 2 books – check! I’m working on a new bedtime routine and it includes reading!
- Write 1 handwritten letter – check!
- Finish a particular portion of the craft project – nope. I mentioned the quilt I’m making for my grandma and I wanted to finish all of the letters. In the moment, I think I forgot how long it takes to cross stitch. At the time of writing, I have made 23 of the 58 letters needed…maybe I’ll be done by Christmas?
- Get 2 sponsored posts – This did not happen. 🙁 While on some level, I’m sad to say I broke the streak, I did get hired for some potentially long-term freelance writing so I’m not too worried, but I do want to reach out to a few brands again for some ideas I have floating around.
- Go apple picking with my family – check! We had a blast!
- Plan content calendar through the end of 2016 – check!
- Attend 15 yoga classes – check! I always think “15 classes, that won’t be too hard to do” but it got down to the wire again.
- Write 500 words/day (this can be blog or other writing) – well this didn’t quite happen. Honestly, I kept forgetting about this goal. On the plus side, with the writing I did do on the days that I wrote, I still averaged over 500 words a day! This is what we call a batch-writing win!
- Work on secret projects – The other secret projects didn’t get much attention this month. I did a little reach out but not nearly as much as I would like. It’s more been a lot of brainstorming/thinking about them at various points which I do still find productive, because it helps me think through things, even when I don’t have a ton of time.
Now, as for November, here’s what I have my eyes on:
- Read 2 books
- Write 1 handwritten letter
- Go to yoga 10x (it’s less this month since I’ll be moving quite a bit further from my current studio and not sure how I’m going to make this work yet)
- Move apartments (obviously this is going to happen, but I like putting it on here because it’s a pretty lofty thing happening this month)
- Writer 3 freelance articles
- Complete my January content calendar
- Pitch at least 1 brand for a sponsored post idea
- Grow Instagram account (I had been seeing some great growth and it’s leveled off a bit, so time to focus on that some more.)
- Work on developing a new (and healthier) evening routine
- Complete all holiday shopping (lofty, eh?)
[ctt title=”New month, new goals…what are you working on?” tweet=”New month, new http://ctt.ec/CFrkb+ are you working on? via @iamkatiearnold #goals http://ctt.ec/Kcf6y+” coverup=”CFrkb”]
We’re approaching the busy season at work where I’ll likely be splitting time between my usual tasks and helping our warehouse pick orders. It’s nice because it opens up opportunity for overtime, but will add some additional struggle to the work-life-blogging balance. I should have a couple weeks before things pick up, so I’m going to use those as much as I can to get ahead, get this apartment packed up and the new one unpacked, and blog posts written and scheduled ahead of time where possible.
What are some of your goals for November?
Anything fun or exciting that you’re looking forward to this month?
I love setting goals each month!! Let’s see for November…
-I want to go to Pizza Week
-Write 12 blog posts
-Start boxing everything up in our house, so we will immediately be ready for whenever we buy a house in the next few months!
Whitney S recently posted…“The Angel Share” | Kentucky Inspired Halloween Costume
Great goals. Definitely obtainable. You got this. ??
Good luck on the new goals! One of mine is to read 2 books as well!
alexandra @ my urban family recently posted…Gift Ideas for The Extra Impossible People on Your List
These are fabulous goals! They’re inspiring me to be better about my own.
1. Actually read 2 books (I’ve done a lot of audiobooks recently, but I want to get back into the peace of actually reading and not just listening while multitasking.
2. Write a letter to my World Vision baby–she’s so cute! And I want to write her 12 letters this year.
3. Make a content calendar… I tried one once and it didn’t go so well, but I want to get back into it.
4. Publish two posts a week… maybe three.
5. Write 1 short story
6. Finish editing Storm Warning
7. Continue snowflaking (a method of outlining, kind of) Sketchy Tacos 2, and hopefully come up with a name.
Thanks for forcing me to think through what I actually want to accomplish. I am now copy/pasting this list so I don’t forget!
These are some really awesome goals, Katie! Handwritten letters are the best – I love writing them to some of the young girls I mentor who are college freshmen. Perfect way to encourage others!
I love how balanced your goals are! Great fitness goal for yoga!
Great job on your goals last month! I attended a yoga class last week. It was relaxing yet a great work out as well. I hope to attend some more classes this month. That’s awesome that you have planned out your content calendar for the rest of the year. I am hoping to do that this month! I also need to start holiday shopping. Good luck with your goals this month!
Great job on all your goals in October! I love the mix of business and personal that you have. Good luck in November!
Crystal // Dreams, etc. recently posted…ABC Reads // Fourth Update
You checked off so many goals! I love that you write a handwritten letter each month!
Brittany http://www.followthedyers.com recently posted…Just Play
Congrats on achieving so many goals in October. 🙂 Which books did you read last month, if I may ask? Also, wish you good luck with your November’s goals.
Lucie recently posted…5 Things I Do To Unwind On Sunday To Boost My Week
November is my FAVORITE MONTH OF THE YEAR! And sooooo much is happening during this month for me, holy crap! Ha! Only making me love it EVEN MORE! YIPPEEEEE!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
Good luck with your goals missy!!!! Get to pitching to those brands!
GiGi Eats recently posted…Munching The Med: Part Two (Katakolon, Corfu, Cooking & The Slots)
I love these goals you set! I especially love that you had reading goals on October and November! I totally need to set a goal for that because life gets so busy I never have time to sit and relax and read! Also your goal of getting all of your Christmas shopping done this month is ambitious! Good luck<3
Goals happen when they are focused on…what a great way to stay accountable!
Im hoping to finish Christmas shopping in November too–gift wrapping can wait but the stress and hassel of shopping?? I just want it to be done quick!
Heather @ Polyglot Jot recently posted…Monthly Must-Haves: October 2016
My number 1 goal is to find a routine and stick with it. I wake up so early already and am so tired once I get home. I just need to get out of this endless cycle. Besides, I want to make myself established at the gym before all the January people show up. Ha!
My second goal is to do something fun and different with the boyfriend. We usually stop doing thing because it gets too cold out. Time to find something new.
Completing holiday shopping. That’s a good one that I never thought of. That’s going on my list too.
Way to go for accomplishing so many goals last month! I love that you add “write freelance articles” to your list. That’s definitely something I am aiming for but perhaps am a little too timid to make it happen. Thanks for inspiring me to change that!