A mid afternoon post? You know that means something…and it’s not that I was too lazy to prep my post yesterday, it meant that I wasn’t going to post today. I was going to take the day off but I have to share a few things with you because today I’m feeling so completely thankful.
- Today started with a glorious 10 mile run. A new personal distance and despite a bit of tummy trouble near the end, a pretty glorious run. Spring has sprung and the weather was perfect!
- While on my 6 mile run on Thursday, I got tempted to run along the lake in my town but decided that it would be best to save that for my long run today. It gave me the motivation to get out the door because I knew it would be a gorgeous view….and it was. I took a quick break to snap a pic and then continued on my way. (It’s the photo above!)
- There’s a certain energy running through my veins and I can’t quite put it into words but it’s been absolutely glorious. I really think there’s big things to come in my future and I can’t wait to see what it holds.
- We’re now a week from my first 1/2 marathon. My goal is cross the finish line but regardless of what goes down next weekend, I’m thankful to have a body that can support me and carry me through some intense training and runs.
- It’s the first time in a very long time that I have had the entire weekend off work. I’ll be working Saturday morning’s at the office but we’re closed for the holiday weekend. It was such a nice and welcomed surprise.
What are you thankful for today?