Hey Talk Less, Say More readers! I’m Brittany, the blogger behind Delights and Delectables where I blog about share recipes, all things fitness and health related, and random life events that Luvy (my husband) and I get into.
With school starting back, sports starting up, and life just getting more and more busy, I have found that I am eating on the go a lot more. So, here are just a few tips to staying healthy while on the go, whether you are busy like me, moving like Katie, or just interested in keeping things healthy these tips are for you.
1. Make a plan! We’ve all heard the saying, “failure to plan is planning to fail”, right?? So true. Before you head out the door, make a plan. Are there places you can get a healthy meal or snack? Is there a chance you might get caught up and need a snack? Do you have a snack?
(Note from Katie: I have a huge bag of snacks for my drive! There will be no getting stuck without a snack for me! 😉 )
2. Always take a snack. I always have some sort of food with me. This is so important if you have food allergies like me! You never know what situation you might end up in. My favorite snacks are homemade trail mixes, fruit, veggie sticks, The Simply Bar, Larabars, and the Pure Bar.
3. Think out side the box. So oatmeal isn’t usually a dinner (unless you live in my house) meal, but it may be your best choice in an airport or on the road. Whip out that banana in your bag and put it in your oats with some of your homemade trail mix or granola and you have yourself one heck of a dinner! Or, you can always pack a picnic lunch if you are travelling. Luvy and I do this every time! Plus, it saves money!!
4. Always look for a healthy option. I know many fast food chains are having more “heathy” options on their menus. Look for things grilled instead of fried and check out their salads. If you are gluten free, like me, don’t be afraid to ask questions and get the workers to change their gloves! No one wants to be sick! My favorite “fast food” place is Chipotle. I can always get an amazing meal there!
5. Take it easy on yourself. When you are rushing around, moving, or travelling things aren’t going to go down perfectly. It is just a day or two. Your diet won’t be ruined, you won’t be ruined. Chill out and just enjoy! Life gets busy. Instead of stressing over it, let’s live it!
Thanks so much for having me, Katie! I hope your move goes smoothly!
I hope you all will come visit me over at Delights and Delectables! I would love to get to know you!!!
How do you all stay healthy when you are on the run?
What are your favorite snacks??