Today I confess….
1. It’s St. Patrick’s Day and I’m not really celebrating… That’s okay but really, I want to celebrate in Boston sometime. This may mostly be because when I lived in Boston I was always underage and saw the lines of people standing outside the Irish Pubs while walking to class in the morning (yes, MORNING). I wouldn’t want to spend my entire day at an Irish Pub, but a whiff of the Boston St. Patty’s air wouldn’t be a bad thing in my opinion.
2. Despite not celebrating, I will gladly celebrate with one of these babies. Head over to the FitKit blog to see my newest recipe for a Healthy Shamrock Shake!
3. Have you heard about the mannequins in Sweden that look real and are raising some real controversy? Seriously, I think they’re awesome. Real women have REAL bodies, why not allow the mannequins that are to sell clothes for REAL women reflect REAL bodies? Do ya follow the REALity? 😉
4. Living in the suburbs has taught me something – everyone is either married, engaged, in a relationship and/or has babies. I have none of the above and while I haven’t been actively pursuing the dating scene, I’m starting to think said scene may not actually exist. Seeing as I do hope to get married someday, this is quite the conundrum.
5. I’m getting paranoid about my 1/2 marathon. I haven’t made a hotel reservation (which I need to do) but I’m mostly getting paranoid about being ready. It’s really probably that whole mind over matter thing but seeing as I’ve been under the weather all week and then woke up yesterday with a weird twinge in my low back, I’m afraid I’m going to be sidelined forever. Dear running, I love you. Please let me finish training and cross that finish line of my half marathon in 3 weeks. K thanks.
What do you have to confess today?
Any big plans for St. Patty’s day or have you already celebrated this weekend?
You will run that race!!! I am so excited for you, in fact. 🙂
Also, I have not heard about those mannequins, but I think they are pretty awesome. Maybe if designers knew they would have to have their clothes displayed on those they would think more about draping on more accurate body types?
I love the mannequins!
I’m also getting super paranoid about my half. I haven’t been able to run outside nearly as much as I’d prefer with the freezing, windy weather, and it just seems to be coming up so fast! Plus, now that I have a cold, I’m sidelined from my long run this weekend :(.
I think we’ll BOTH be fine. We can do it!!!
Okay there’s no such thing as a “dating scene.” There are bars where rarely a real relationship starts and then there are the places that you go often that you are more likely to find someone with a connection…such as a coffee place, the gym, school, work, etc. Relationships are one of those stupid things that you can’t plan or predict. All you can do is work on your own thing. Dave and I met when I had sworn off guys…so maybe that’s a trick? 😉
You will do great at the half. At least finish. And that’s all the first race is about right?? I also think a rest week is good sometimes!
HAHAHA!! I know there’s no such thing, but it’s just been funny to see such a major shift after living in/right outside cities for the last 8 years of my life.
i’ll go to Boston with you and celebrate …. 🙂
BLEND 2014? Or maybe Girls Weekend?!
Wow! More countries, US included, need to adopt those mannequins! So awesome!
You will do great in your half! I don’t’ think I’ve ever felt 100% ready for any of the halves I’ve ran but I always do okay and feel great after! I’m sure you will too 🙂
Aww, I hope your back is ok…maybe a good long soak in the tub with some epsom salts? And a green beer? Ok, so that last part isn’t REALLY necessary for healing, but hey, it could help loosen you up a bit! Just don’t drink too much and get so loose you drown in the tub! Lol Seriously though, how have you been feeling? I’ve been doing my best to send some good/healing vibes your way…though I’m not so sure how effective they are when they’re coming from a cripple! 😉
Those mannequins are AWESOME! I think it’s crazy how they dress mannequins in stores these days…if you look closely, almost every outfit is “modified” to look just right…tape, clothespins, you name it! It’s false advertising and they’re just setting us up for disappointment!
And girl, I totally feel ya on the the relationship thing…I come from a small town, and I live in a town not far from where I grew up that is only slightly larger…EVERYONE is married, pregnant, and has TONS of family things going on and I feel so…I don’t know, disconnected? I know I’m not ready for all that right now, but well, the birthday’s haven’t exactly stopped coming. Ugh, my 10 year class reunion is this year…please shoot me!
ditto on that last paragraph, Heather. I found an old notebook last week and I had created timelines for when I wanted to get married, have kids, etc. (real timeline based on what I really wanted 2 years ago!).
oh man…I’m in such a different place than where I thought I would be 8 years ago when I graduated high school, and really even where I thought I’d be a year ago…But I’ve learned that’s okay and accepted the change for what it is and has the potential to be. At the same time, there are still certain timelines that I set for myself but I’m more understanding to their flexibility.
I am not really celebrating St. Patty’s Day today, either! Unless you count cooking with green cabbage tonight?? 😉
I love those mannequins… even if I am a bit freaked out by all mannequins. 😉 I hope your back gets better. Maybe your chiropractor will have some advice?? I confess that I can’t wait to see you on Sunday!!!! 1 week!
I don’t think I’ve ever been in Boston for St. Patrick’s day either! I was in DC last year (which isn’t a far drive), but that was just by coincidence. I don’t celebrate the ‘drinking’ aspect of the day anymore, but like to eat green food and wear green!
I saw a quick blurb about those mannequins but didn’t know what it was about. Seriously- that is awesome! Right on!
I love living in the suburbs, but that’s only because I’m an old married lady. I like to live right outside of a major city though, and have the best of both worlds. I think you need to move to Denver.